Post 7: Paris Here I Come!

I cannot believe what I just got in the mail! There was a check addressed to me with a letter stating that a distant relative of mine has passed away. I honestly had no idea that I had a great aunt but regardless, she left some funds for me… about $4,000!!! Tomorrow I’m putting in my two-weeks notice. I deserve a break from working at A&F. There is no point in staying here when I clearly have no chance of moving upwards. Being overworked and underpaid has made me desperate for a vacation. I’m emotionally drained from having to constantly dress up as someone who does not represent me.
I’ve decided to buy a ticket to Paris and an entire new wardrobe. For once I want to feel like a woman who can enter a store and have the means to buy luxurious dresses. I want to go into Bloomingdales and have someone help ME pick out clothes for a glamorous vacation. In Paris, no one knows me. I can pretend to be a whole new person – a woman who comes from a background so different than my own.
I plan on ordering several frocks at discounted prices from Rent The Runway and buying a plane ticket at Cheopoair.com. I feel as if this makes me financially responsible by opting for less expensive outlets to fund my vacation.